Coronavirus is a respiratory illness, which is spread between people. Symptoms include
- Body Aches
Keeping exposure risks to a minimum is critical during this pandemic, particularly for parts of our population who are at higher risks; those with low immune systems, our elders and people who have pre existing chronic health conditions. If you are someone who is considered more at risk, it is important to put a plan in place, communicate with family and friends and your supports so they can also be mindful of who they interact with.
tappON is advocating to its community for preparedness through planning. By sitting with your family, informal supports, and communicating through the platform with your support professionals you can practise risk mitigation and get a plan together;
- Do you have enough supplies for at least 2 weeks; medication, food, consumables, personal items.
- Does your home environment have the ability to
- Look at your current required support professionals and how to manage in a change in circumstance. Keep your informal supports in the look in case your support professionals are unwell or if there is a required isolation period.
- Can some of your supports take place virtually, tappON's telehealth booking system can help you still access supports but in a safe manner to ensure that you are reducing your risk of exposure. Look into our telehealth resources to understand how to get started.
- If you receive other health services e.g. community nurses for continence support, give them a call to discus your options.
- How are you travelling in and around your community.
Use tappON and other health resource's hygiene tools to practise safe hygiene most importantly hand washing, and ensuring that both members and support professionals are routinely washing hands.
Communicating with your support professionals:
Using tools available to you, communicate with your support professionals and where needed get their input on your prevention plan. Can they continue to support you by going to the shops on your behalf, practising contactless delivery, can they assist you with online shopping from woolworths or coles.
Please contact tappON immediately if you or someone you have been in contact with has been tested positive for COVID-19, or is being tested due to risk. We are all going through these uncertain times together and need to take all steps necessary to protect those most at risk and vulnerable.
If you are feeling unwell:
If you are feeling unwell and have symptoms of COVID-19 contact your GP over the phone. It is important to call them to have them help to instruct you of next steps.
Use reputable resources to keep up to date with developments and advise - including the Australian Government's Coronavirus page linked here
Staying Connected during Social Isolation:
As we socially isolate we are reminded of the importance of community. As humans we are social beings, and connection is important to our wellbeing. While we are being advised to self isolate during this time, use technology you have access to to keep in touch with your circle of people. Facetime, skype, zoom, messenger and whatsapp are some videoconferencing resources. Social Distancing not Social Isolation during these times will be important to maintain health and wellbeing.
Can you connect with your friends virtually to share a meal, do an online exercise class together or begin learning a new skill together.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is for educational purposes only. The information is not intended as legal advice or medical advice, and is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis without any warranties of any kind. Moreover, due to rapidly changing developments, we make no warranty or guarantee concerning the accuracy or reliability of the content at this site or other sites to which we link. For the latest information regarding COVID-19, we refer readers to NSW health Coronavirus resources here https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/diseases/Pages/coronavirus.aspx