For all members of the tappON community it is important to follow best practise guidelines in order to keep everyone safe. We all play a key role in making it to the other side of Coronavirus together.
Before Booking Checks:
Prior to the booking time Support Professionals should reach out to their clients and run through the below checklist.
1. Have you, someone you are in close contact with, in your home or who will be in the home during bookings had any of the following
- A fever (present or recent)
- Coughing or shortness of breath
- any flu like illness in the past 14 days?
2. Have you, someone you are in close contact with, in your home or who will be in the home during bookings been diagnosed with, or had a close contact with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 case in the past 14 days.
3. Have you, someone you are in close contact with, in your home or who will be in the home during booking in the last 14 days returned from travel or are to practise self-isolation or self-quarantine?
If any of the above questions applies to the Support Professional they should inform their client. If any of the above checklist applies to either Support Professional or Client face to face support should be cancelled until it is safe to resume. If anyone suspects close contact has been made with someone with COVID-19 symptoms (as listed above) or has symptoms themselves use Coronavirus Health Information Line 1800 020 080 to seek advice. In cases of emergency call 000 immediately.
During Your Bookings
After completing a dual screening process and the scheduled booking is to proceed if Support Professionals and Members are feeling well and able, please follow proper hand washing guides and where appropriate social distancing. If you need to refresh your skills around these please refer to the relevant section in this information pack.
Strong Hand Hygiene should always be adhered to, with Hand Hygiene Australia (here ) sharing the 5 moments for hand hygiene
- Before touching a client
- Before beginning a procedure
- After a procedure (or if any bodily fluid has been potentially exposed)
- After touching a client
- After touching client surroundings
This is not a finite list of when to practise hand hygiene, by way of a reminder it is important to wash your hands (or where needed using hand sanitiser) routinely and includes;
- Entering the home
- After touching your face, mouth, nose
- After coughing or sneezing
As a client please also adhere to strong hand washing and sanitisation practises. If you need assistance washing your hands please communicate with your support professional and have an open conversation on hand hygiene practises. By communicating openly you can maintain trust in your working relationship.
If there has been a COVID-19 diagnosis, test, or fly symptoms present, medical clearance should be provided before re engagement of services. Copies should be provided to Support Professional and Clients involved, tappON, Support Coordinators or other providers of services involved in service delivery. Government and health guidelines should be adhered to at all times.
These guidelines should be followed before and during all bookings. If at any point a member or family member feels unwell during a booking please have the conversation with your support professional. Please refer back to these guidelines routinely as information is changed in accordance with Government updates.
tappON has rolled out the ability for virtual sessions to be booked and carried out for a range of activities including
- skill development
- general health services
- Social Support
- Therapy sessions
- Psychology and Mental Health Support
Please sign in to leave a comment.