tappON's members reflect some of the communities most vulnerable to COVID-19 due to pre existing health conditions. For our Elders and individuals with disabilities its important that the necessary safeguards are put in place and to work together to help keep them safe.
For our community that has quickly adapted and adopted the latest infection training available here (Infection Control - Covid-19 training run FREE by the Australian Government) thank you for emailing your certificate through to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Basic Measures you can take against COVID-19
- Practise Social Distancing - Maintain at least 1.5 metres between yourself and other people where possible. During personal care this can be difficult, but should be observed if someone is coughing or sneezing.
- Increasing your hand washing regime (see our article which helps refresh you on how);
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth. If you do wash your hands.
- Wash your hands frequently
- Practice your respiratory hygiene. Cover your mouth and nose with a bent elbow or tissue when you sneeze or cough.
- If you have a fever, cough and experience difficulty breathing it's important to seek medical advice as early as possible.
Its important to follow advice from the relevant government organisations found below
- Australian Government Health Department here
- NDIS - the latest information is continually updated here.
Using your code from the NDIS you can also access priority home delivery services. This code will be emailed or SMS to you.